Tuesday, March 9, 2010

New appliances

Well, the freezer went out on us AGAIN... for the last time! I am so tired of throwing out food. We have had the thing fixed at least 3 times now, if not more. So we went out to Shearer Appliance and got separate units. I have been wanting more freezer space anyway. We got a 18 cuft refridgerator and a 20 cuft freezer. That gives us 13 cuft more than we have now, and it cost less than if we replaced our side by side. I am happy. Now I will be able to go during berry picking season and get fresh berries and vegetables to freeze and not worry about the space in the freezer (for the most part). I was contemplating on getting everthing to start canning, but was getting sickened by the cost of it all! Thank goodness my mind was made up for me. I can't wait for the corn, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, tomatoes... AND all the fresh grassfed beef from the Simon's farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment