Monday, June 25, 2012

Gardens update 6/2012

I thought I would let everyone know that my gardens are doing well. I have been praying for more rain so that our rain barrels would fill up and we would not have to use our city water from the house. Everything seems to be either in bloom or going to be in bloom the next week or so. I should have some zucchini in the next week to harvest, the ground cherries are producing nicely, I have a few cherry size tomatoes ripening and the others are starting to put out flowers, the onions and leeks are growing nicely, the carrots are making sure there is no room for weed growth, and the beets have nice leaves, but no sign of large roots yet. The peas are now being dried for future seed and the garlic and shallots were harvested this past weekend.

Zucchini

Celery

Tomatoes, borage, corn, ... ...

Kale, nasturtiums, peppers, lettuce (going to seed)

Peas (going to seed), beets, green beans, carrots (going to seed)

No comments:

Post a Comment