Saturday, April 6, 2013

2013 Garden Plant List

Here we go. The following plants are what I have decided to grow this year. I have also decided to get some weed help with the Preen ground fabric, since I don't see me having time to weed this summer with a small baby and Eric always at work. I pray that all of my plants that I decided to start early do well, since they are actually ready to go in the ground right now, but the frost date isn't until May 5!! I will hopefully have pictures on this post later.

Vegetables:
Tomato (Black Cherry, Sungold, Roma, Purple Cherokee)
Peas (Sweet, Sugar, Snap)
Cucumber (Boston Pickling)
Brussels Sprouts
Green Beans  (Blue Lake)
Asparagus (this will be the 3rd year, so I can now finally harvest it - YEAH!!)
Rhubarb (Victoria, Canada Red, Crimson Red)
Kale
Cauliflower
Broccoli (DiCicco)
Purple Cabbage
Garlic
Zucchini (Black)
Summer Squash (Yellow Neck)
Peppers (Jalapeno, Orange Bell, Red Bell, Anaheim, Sweet Banana)
Lettuce (Red Romaine, Paris Romaine, Salad Bowl, Lamb's Tongue, Endive)
Carrots (Purple, Scarlet Nantes - possibly Tendersweet and Thumbelina also)

Herbs: (the 1st 7 on the list are perennials)
Sage
Rosemary
Oregano
Thyme
Chocolate Mint
Spearmint
Chives

Parsley
Cilantro
Dill
English Lavender
Stevia
Purple Basil
Italian Basil
Borage
Arnica Montana

Flowers:
Marigold
Nasturtium
Chamomile
Calendula


I may do a few more, but haven't had a chance to sit down and think about it. A few things I will purchase at the annual SCOFF plant sale, as usual.

It is also possible that we may be getting a few blueberry bushes and I am thinking of trying to transplant a few of my Yellow Anne Raspberry suckers as soon as they are ready to another spot.

I will also be dividing up my oregano, thyme, chocolate mint and spearmint plants, since I have them in containers. They have definitely filled out the containers I have them in, so I need to do something before they strangle themselves. If anyone is interested in any of the divisions, please email me! I really don't want them to go to waste, since I only need what I grow in the containers only. They are too invasive for me to plant in the ground, but would be great for anyone with lots of land for them to take over a small area, or just put it in another container. 

No comments:

Post a Comment