Tuesday, April 22, 2014

A Typical Day... Updated

My how things change in 2 years! I have been going back, reading old blog posts and saw what our household schedule looked like in 2011. It has changed quite a bit, and yes people still assume I do absolutely nothing all day long. I wish!

7am Eric gets up for work and occasionally Tabitha and Grady will eat breakfast with him, then go back to bed.
10am Everyone gets up for the day, eats breakfast, laundry (usually diapers) is started
11am School work is started.
1pm lunch
2pm Finish any school work not done before lunch, Emmett naps
3pm clean something, change laundry
4pm do some sewing, crocheting or more cleaning
6pm dinner is started
8pm Eric usually gets home, unless a sales call is far away, then it's more like 10pm
10pm Tabitha and Grady go to bed (yes, they often do not get to see Eric until the weekend...)
12am - 1am Everyone else goes to bed

We still only leave the house 2-3 times a week for milk day, groceries, errands, and co-op.

I really don't know how I would get everything done if we were out constantly. It's all I can do to keep up with chores, since I have no help 95% of the time. I do not require my children to clean, except for toys and the occasional putting away of dishes. I want them to have time to be children. So, all aspects of a clean home, cooking, schooling, and sewing are on me. Yes, even on the weekend. Eric helps as much as he can, but he has many other things that need his attention when he is actually home.

No comments:

Post a Comment