Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Nick Names

I know a lot of people like to give their kids nicknames, but why do people feel the need to shorten everyone elses name without permission???

I absolutely can't stand it! You give your child a name that you ponder over for MONTHS, just to shorten it and then later confuse them that their REAL name isn't even what you have been calling them?

I know my name and my daughter's name are frequently shortened. My daughter is NOT a cat, so do not ever call her "Tabby", you will be on a bad list if you do so. We have tried to go out of our way to find baby names that couldn't be shortened or babified and I guess we still have failed. Grady has been called "Gray/ Grade". I truly do not understand this. Can you not say 5 letter name????

Why do people go through the trouble of naming a child something just to twist and screw it all to pieces to make it sound cute? If you really like this other name, then that is what should be on the birth certificate.

I have made up my mind that the next person to shorten mine or my children's names are going to wish they hadn't said a word.

No comments:

Post a Comment