Sunday, March 18, 2012

2012 garden

I wonder how many of my blog readers have started their gardens already like I have? With this wonderful weather we are experiencing in Northeast Ohio, I have been outside as much as possible and have already planted all of my early spring vegetables. I have Sweet Peas, Snow Peas, Snap Peas, Kale, Brussels Sprouts, 3 types of Carrots, Lettuce, 2 types of Beets, and Chives out.

In the basement about 6 weeks ago Eric went around the house and found misc things to make a growing room in our basement so that I could get my starters started. In the basement I have Red Rubin Basil, Purple Basil, Kale, Dill, Cilantro, Chamomile, Fennel, 3 types of Tomatoes, 4 types of Peppers, and Lavender.

Yesterday I also transplanted the Sage and Parsley that survived the winter in the garden to 15" pots, so they can be protected better next winter.

I did try to get onions to grow from seed again this year, but it did not work again. I even started them in November!! So in addition to Onion seedling, I bought Rhubarb crowns and Leek seedlings, since I can't seem to get those seeds to do anything either.

My go to seed and seedling website is https://www.naturalgardening.com

I am also looking forward to the organic plant sale, by the farm where we buy our milk, eggs, beef, chicken, and soon pork. http://www.simonorganics.com/products-plant.php

I am praying for a wonderful 2012 harvest, since I am only focusing mainly on the things that did well in my garden last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment