Sunday, March 18, 2012

Going Paperless Somemore

First off, it's amazing how time just flies! I would love to be on here everyday putting my thoughts into something that others can either agree with or argue, but I just don't have the time with everything I do around here to keep my homestead going.

I blogged quite a while ago about going paperless, at least I think I did! We have been reducing the use of disposable paper towels with cotton muslin paper towels that I sewed up last year.

Now it is time to dive into another area of paper waste. The bathroom. Yes, I am going there! Eric and I figure, if I can cloth diaper a baby, use cloth diaper wipes, and even use cloth menstrual pads, then we should be able to do the same with wet wipes. This was actually Eric's idea in the first place. I was quite honestly appauled at the thought, but as I thought about it, it did make sense.

So, in between all of my spring planting, spring cleaning, homeschooling, and home projects we have going on, I will be in my sewing room making flannel wipes and a couple wet bags for their storage.

Don't worry if any of you plan on coming over to our home for a visit. We will still have toilet paper for your use...

No comments:

Post a Comment