Monday, December 1, 2014

Sourdough and baking powder bread

After eating only baking soda/ baking powder leavened bread products, I am getting bored, although my husband did find a recipe using only baking powder that made a fabulous pizza crust and cinnamon rolls.
Anyway, I have decided to try sourdough, since it is fermented and is not made from commercial yeast.
I started by making my own sourdough starter with this guide. I have made this before, a couple years ago, but never kept up with it, since the children at that time didn't seem to care for it. If this does work out for me, I will be very happy. I miss having the soft spongy bread to put lunch meat or even peanut butter and jelly on.
A week ago I started the starter. I am now in the process of making my first loaf. If this does go well, I will have to purchase a glass crock to forever continue the process, which I can get here.
I will have to post later if my bread turns out or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment