Sunday, December 14, 2014

My Children and Bibles

I thought I would take a few minutes to talk about when my children get a Bible for their very own.

I know quite a few people that think that children should have a Bible as soon as possible. I on the other hand do not. I, and now my daughter also, read from the Bible and the 2 boys listen in. Tabitha got her purple Bible as soon as she was able to read well. Now, as we are going to start a new homeschool year (Tabitha Yr 4 and Grady Yr 1), I feel that Grady is reading well enough, that on the first day of his Yr 1, I will present to him his very own green Bible.
I don't see a reason to give a child a Bible just because someone feels they need one. Unless they know how to read, will be reading out of it nearly everyday, and are old enough to be respectful enough to take care of it, they do not need one. It is beneficial that they know how to read phonetically, then the large words they come across in the KJV will be easier to pronounce. I am so excited to be able to surprise my son in the next few weeks. I'm not sure he even remembers me promising him a green Bible once he learned how to read. The Bible was the first motivator to him wanting to learn to read in the first place. Glory be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment