Friday, June 3, 2011

Being a "Homesteader"

I just found out that our family as a title last week while doing some research before getting our meat rabbits. We are homesteaders. Since we drink raw milk and have made butter, yogurt, and kefir.  We eat fresh pastured eggs, I have garden, and have 3 NZ rabbits for meat raising.  I also sew, make stock, and can different foods.

I am now interested in soap making so that my family can get away for all of those harmful chemicals and preservatives in commercial soaps. It looks very easy. Eric is going to make a block mold for me and hopefully I can get started in the next few weeks. I will be making a basic bar and 2 different shampoo bars.

I will try to keep the blog updated and give the recipes if they turn out wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment