Thursday, August 11, 2011

Long hair and anti-feminism

I have almost always had long hair. The only time I didn't was in 4th grade, when my Mom and family friend (hair dresser) convinced me that I should cut off all my hair just like theirs. That was the worst! My thick hair went into a frizzy mess and we even went to lengths to perm it! AHHHH!!!!

Anyway, where I am going with this is that if you are a Christian, you should have long hair, because it is God's glory.

1 Corinthians 11 says:

4Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head.
5But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.
6For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.

7For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.
8For the man is not of the woman: but the woman of the man.
9Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.
10For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels.
11Nevertheless neither is the man without the woman, neither the woman without the man, in the Lord.
12For as the woman is of the man, even so is the man also by the woman; but all things of God.
13Judge in yourselves: is it comely that a woman pray unto God uncovered?
14Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?
15But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.

Also in 1 Corinthians it explains that women should not be the head of anything. It is absolutely terrible that people think it is OK that women are preachers in churches or that they are in charge over men.

1 Corinthians 11:
3But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

14:
34Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law.
35And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

Being a feminist is a sin. Women are to obey their husbands. There is a reason that God made men more intellectual and women are better suited for the home to be with the children that God blesses them with. Throughout the whole Bible, it speaks about this, yet people purposely ignore these verses, so that they can merrily go through life, doing whatever they want to.

I do my absolute best at obeying my husband. He always knows where I am going if I am out and we are honest with each other about our finances. I ask before I go shopping to make sure he is OK with what I am going to spend money on.

When you are married, you submit yourselves to your husband. That is the exact reason that I had the very old version of vows recited at our wedding. I knew that is what I was supposed to be doing; love, honor, obey, and cherish my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment