Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Beautiful blessings

I thought I would share a beautiful blessing we had yesterday.

A few weeks ago I saw this fat green caterpillar feasting on my parsley plants in my raised beds. I took him and the parsley he was eating and put it in my daughter's bug house. We forgot about it for 2 days, then remembered that we needed to go check it and feed it. Well, when we got to the bug house, it was starting to turn into a chrysalis! So, this turned into a home school lesson for both my son and daughter. We learned about the life of a butterfly and looked up to see what kind of butterfly it was going to be. We discovered we had a Black Swallowtail! I had always heard of them, but had never seen one in real life, so I was getting really excited too.

Well, a couple weeks past and I decided to bring it in the house to keep a better watch, since we kept forgetting to go out in the sun room to check on it. 2 days later, my daughter came running to me in a panic. The butterfly had just come out of the chrysalis. So we proceeded to take the bug house outside and lifted the door open, so it could climb out and spread it's wings. Here is the beautiful picture I got of it on my hydrangeas.



God is so good to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment