Monday, August 26, 2013

BFM 25, 26, & 27

Boy, I am so sorry. Life is just not going well right now and if my head wasn't attached, I'm sure I'd have lost it by now! Gere is yesterday, today, and tomorrow's post.

Fact # 25

Make sure you are getting enough calcium, b-12, vitamin D, and water in your diet daily.

Water is extremely important. You are not only hydrating yourself, but your baby as well. I have heard many moms say they feel like their mouth is a desert. Well, if that is you, then you have already started to become dehydrated and need to up your water intake. I carry my glass water bottle around everywhere I go. I also drink only reverse osmosis water.


Fact # 26

Don't diet, eat whole natural foods and the baby weight will come off as it is supposed to.

I read somewhere that it took 9 months to put the baby weight on and it should take 18 months to take off.


Fact # 27

Do your research while you are still pregnant. Do not expect anyone else to be able to show you how to breastfeed, especially if you are having your baby in a hospital.

The best book to read is The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding.  I also suggest searching out a LLL group in your area. I am not highly fond of my group, which seems to act like a high school click, but I did learn valuable information from them. Go 1-2 times while still pregnant, so you can get to know the leaders, so if you need middle of the night help for any reason, you will not be calling a complete stranger. Also, check to see if there is an IBCLC in your area. They can be a huge support in the early days also, although, unlike LLL, you will have an hourly fee to see them, but it is worth ever penny spent to have a wonderful nursing relationship with your child.

No comments:

Post a Comment