Monday, May 5, 2014

Time to Plant 5

All signs of frost are now gone. I is now time to get all of your direct sow vegetables and herbs in the ground.

Yesterday, it finally did not rain, so I got the flower garden started with direct sowing the carnations, poppies, and chrysanthemums.

For herbs, the cilantro, black cumin, lemon balm, lemon grass,  nasturtiums, and fennel.

All of the starter plants made their way into our sun room to start hardening off. I hope to have everything in the raised beds next weekend, but we shall see what God has in store for the weather.

In the next day or so, I would like to get my green beans and marigolds direct sowed.

If you are local, there is a certified organic plant sale at the Simon's farm, that we purchase many things from. I will be getting a few things that I decided would be best left to the experts, such as basil, parsley, sage, and a few other misc funky trial plants.

We have also started working on an asparagus bed. I hope to be able to do that this year, we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment