Monday, September 29, 2014

ED: Day 1

Today is the official start of my journey on the Elimination diet. Over the next few weeks, I will be blogging about what I ate every day and I hope to take a lot of pictures too, so you can see how yummy these foods really were. Keep in mind all foods are organic.

Breakfast: Farina (hot rice cereal), raisins, raw local honey, unsweetened coconut milk, and raw pecans.

Snack: 1/2 bosc pear and cantaloupe

Lunch: bed of lettuce, cauliflower, cucumber, 1/2 small roasted beet, celery, carrots, alfalfa sprouts, 1/2C black beans (not canned), avocado dressing (avocado oil, garlic powder, onion powder, dried oregano, dried parsley, Himalayan pink salt in a condiment squeeze bottle I bought from Wal-mart)

Snack: Apple & 8 raw macadamias

Dinner: steak (from Tierra Verde Farm), baked garnet sweet potato with raw honey and cinnamon, broccoli, side salad mixed greens with avocado dressing

Snack: Rice cake (Lundberg plain), almond butter, banana, trail mix (Yes! I was hungry...)

Today, I went through my pantry and found many different types of raw seeds (pumpkin and sunflower) and nuts (cashews, pecans, and almonds) and threw them together in a glass container with coconut chips, unsweetened banana chips to make a trail mix. I will throw a few raisins or other dried fruits in when we are on the go, or I just need something to munch on.
Second, I got out the dried beans I had bought from our coop a few months ago and started them soaking so I can have a variety of beans to choose from to eat during the day. The garbanzo will also become crunchy beans, since the kids and I enjoy those as snacks every so often.
Lastly, I made some mixed rice to be able to make miscellaneous things during the day also.

I figure with the chicken bone broth I made this past weekend and some rice and beans and a little bit of canned chicken and veggies, it will make a really nice soup.

Pre-making items are key to eating healthy in the first place. This way, I am eating healthy and can't just say I can't do this ED, since nothing is made.

No comments:

Post a Comment