Monday, April 11, 2011

Gardening - The beginning of something great.

Well, a few of my blog friends already have been keeping up with my Facebook page about my garden.

I started my garden way back at the end October, planting garlic and shallots. As of today, they look great, with dark green tops bursting out of the ground. I also started yukon potatoes, but there is no sign of life that I see just yet.

In January, I started indoor planting blueberry seeds. (They never sprouted, just molded... great start huh?) In February, I started my spinach and was pleasantly surprised to see sprouts in just a few days. http://weddellhappenings.tumblr.com/post/3771784916/starting-the-garden

March is when my garden really started, and my counter space was limited. I planted the peas, brussel sprouts, kale, broccoli, cauliflower, peppers, tomatoes, rhubarb, ground cherry, basil, parsley, dill and onions.  http://weddellhappenings.tumblr.com/post/3922121928/windowsill-starter-garden-update-they-are-growing .  Yes, it seems like a lot to do when it is still cold out, but I will be enjoying an early harvest, while some people who wait for the frost will be seeing little plants in their gardens.

The past couple of days have been wonderful around here with all of the warm weather, so I put all of my peas, onions, green beans, spinach, kale, broccoli, cauliflower, and brussel sprouts in the ground. Eric also helped me build and put up the pea trellises and tomato stakes. http://weddellhappenings.tumblr.com/post/4480972691/garden-update

I am now praying that since they are cold weather vegetables, and I had our farm friends tell me, that they will continue to grow even if it decides to snow one last time.

I'll keep updating as I plant more. I am so looking forward to a wonderful harvest. (Yes, already)

No comments:

Post a Comment