Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Jeremiah 8

As I sat out on our swing outside, reading my Bible, soaking up the sun, and enjoying the warm weather we had today. I came across another passage.

Jeremiah 8

12Who is the wise man, that may understand this? and who is he to whom the mouth of the LORD hath spoken, that he may declare it, for what the land perisheth and is burned up like a wilderness, that none passeth through?
13And the LORD saith, Because they have forsaken my law which I set before them, and have not obeyed my voice, neither walked therein;

14But have walked after the imagination of their own heart, and after Baalim, which their fathers taught them:

It seems to me that this is referring to much of what I write, about the holidays that most "Christians" celebrate. People are only celebrating these holidays because they were brought up celebrating them, instead of finding their own way and seeking out what the truth is.

If you do not seek your own answers, you will never have the truth.

This actually applies in many areas in life. I have found more truth in the past couple of years on the subjects of childbirth, breastfeeding, homeschooling, cooking/gardening... It's amazing how many lies you come across when you only take someone's word for something. Reading the Bible, seeking a relationship with God, and research is the key to a healthy and joyful life.

No comments:

Post a Comment