Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My thoughts on makeup

Why do we as women feel the need to wear makeup? Is it so that we feel pretty? What does it REALLY do for us?

I know that everytime I wear makeup, which is about once a year, twice if there is a wedding, I feel like a clown. Nature does not make it so that we need makeup. I fwe are in the sun enough, we will naturally have rosy cheeks and a non pale complexion. If we drink enough water, we do not have to have the copious amounts of lip gloss and lip treatments out there on the market. Our lips are a natural shade of red that is perfect the owner of the lips. Since when have you ever seen a person with purple or blue eyelids, unless they have been punched in the face? Why do people think they need to outline thier eyes? It just makes some people look weird. Why do we feel the need to cover up dark circle under our eyes? For MOST people out there, if they would actually get the amount of rest needed for their body, they would go away.

Another problem with makeup is that is absurdly expensive. If people would realize that they do not need makeup, they would be able to pay off bills or afford better food that actually nourishes the body, instead of buying prepared junk food.

My last point is that, does anyone even realize what they put into makeup? I know a couple years ago, they finally realized some of the things that makeup was made of, were not good for us to put on our faces, yet there are products that are still make with things such as foramldehyde. Are we trying to embalm ourselves while still alive??

This is just a small take on my perspective of makeup. I could write much more on Eric's perspective, but to sum it up, I don't ever need to buy makeup ever in my lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment