Saturday, February 12, 2011

Yet another dumb holiday...

Here we are yet again, facing another made up holiday. We watch TV and it tells us that all men are supposed to wine and dine women on this "special" day.

First of all, why aren't women expected to do the same thing, if you do celebrate this day?

Second, why do you need a special day to show someone that you love them? If you truly love someone, you should be showing them daily what they mean to you, even if it's just a kiss.

I know that I am loved each and everyday. Eric has given me the biggest present of all, being able to stay home and raise our children. In return, I raise our children, keep up the house, and tell him I love him at least once a day.

In our home there doesn't have to be a day set aside just for love. We love each other everyday, and that's all we really NEED.

No comments:

Post a Comment