Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A typical day

What is a typical day in our household? Everyone seems to think that I have all the time in the world to do what ever my heart desires, since I am always at home and only leave the house usually 2 times a week. Once to get our milk and MAYBE once more to go to the grocery store. On most weeks, Eric is the one to go grocery shopping since it is such a hassel to take the kids with us during the winter especially.

Keep in mind that we do not have a "normal" family's schedule, since we do not have to be anywhere, like everyone else in the outside world. Since Eric and I want to be able to see our children every moment we are awake, here is our daily schedule:

7:00am Eric gets up (sometimes Tabitha does too. She eats breakfast with him, then goes back to bed)

11:30am I get up with the kids.

12n The kids and I eat breakfast.

12:30p Nurse Grady, check emails/facebook. Make sure everyone has their water cup for the day.

1p Clean something (sweep/disinfect/scrub/wash) while kids play (scream and fight over toys...), get out something for dinner out of the freezer to start thawing (we cook all weekend, so I don't have to worry about it during the week)

2p We go upstairs to do a reading lesson with Tabitha

2:30p Kids play while I try to read my Bible, while getting interupted multiple times for fighting over toys and short nursing sessions

3:30p Eat a small lunch

4p Check emails / facebook before going back upstairs for the kids to play or read stories

5p Grady's naptime, I nurse him and hold him to make sure he gets a good nap, while I read/research/play on the computer. Tabitha either colors/reads/draws/goes on designated websites to stay quiet.

6/6:30p Eric gets home (most nights)and dinner is started.

7p Clean kitchen up, fix a desert

8p After Eric checks his emails we go back upstairs to either watch a little TV (no more than an hour) or play a video game and spend time together

10p Get started on readying for bed.

11p Kids get a before bed snack

12m Eric & Tabitha head to bed

1a Grady falls asleep nursing while I work on computer things.

3a I finally get to bed.

I figure that right now there is no reason for me to go to sleep at a decent hour. I need 9 hours of sleep not to be a grumpy mommy all day long and I need to sleep as long as the kids do, because if I get up before them, they hear me up and we all have a horribly crabby day.

On the weekends the kids and I keep our schedule while Eric has his alone time with either a movie or yucky game that the kids shouldn't be watching that he has been wanting to see/play. He usually starts the bread making too, so we don't get behind during the day.

All in all, I love my simple life. I never did like having to wake up when someone else told me to or be somewhere at specific times. It just creates a lot of stress for me.

Plain and simple is the way of our household.

No comments:

Post a Comment