Wednesday, November 5, 2014

New Baking Adventures

It just so happens that the Food Network Magazine in the past month or 2 had an insert booklet with quick bread recipes. So, I am going through them. Today, I made the chocolate bread substituting the cocoa powder with the carob powder and also a pear bread (I used my homemade pear sauce and pear butter instead of the recommended applesauce and apple butter). They are both currently in the oven and the kitchen is smelling delicious. I can not wait to try them for dessert tonight.
I did try to make the Parmesan & Herb bread recipe in the booklet thinking I could make it without the herbs and additions to make a plain bread to have for toast or a substitute sandwich bread. I encourage you not to try this! It was horrible.  I will be sticking to the sweet breads for dessert type things and Eric's biscuits when I want something plain or savory.

No comments:

Post a Comment