Thursday, November 13, 2014

Purge the toys!

Last night, the last straw was drawn. I am so tired of toys everywhere in my house. I would be fine if they could clean up after themselves, or after the many times they are asked to. So, this morning, every toy in the house was gathered up. 2 trash bags full were put in the back of our truck and will go to Salvation Army this weekend, 1 trash bag went in the garbage, then the rest went into plastic crates in the locked storage room. That is right. My children do not have any toys to play with. They need to learn how to appreciate what they have been given. As soon as they can start taking responsibility for what they have left, pens, pencils, crayons, and paper to write on, then they will get 1 toy back. After that there will be other requirements decided on, in order to obtain more toys. I have also decided that there will not be any more junk toys coming into our home. If they get anything as a present, it must be educational. My children should have known that this would happen. I have been threatening this for the past week or so. If I say something, then it will definitely be done. If you are my child, you do not disobey me, or there will be consequences, period!

No comments:

Post a Comment