Tuesday, December 28, 2010

High expectations / no expectations... a New Years Resolution

Well, Eric and I have decided that we are no longer doing holidays, except for Thanksgiving and New Years from now on. We will also only have low key birthdays, just us in attendance, maybe grandparents too, but that's it.

Eric is tired of me making such a big deal out of "commercial holidays", and I know I do. Which is where expectations come in to play. I have very high expectations on how parties are coordinated and special meals, etc... Well, from now on I will have NO EXPECTATIONS. I am so tired of feeling like something is always missing, or expecting Eric to go out of his way to do something special for me on days such as Valentines, our anniversary, or even my birthday. I am tired of dropping hints, just to be let down every year.

I have decided to see what is really infront of me. A husband who loves me and allows me to stay home with our 2, soon to be 3, children. We get what we NEED through out the year, and get a few of our wants too when business is good.

Not having Christmas this year was freeing. I don't know why we didn't do this sooner. This is the first year that I don't have to worry about how to pay January's bills! It may even come to getting more bills paid off too! Wow, what a concept!

I posted this link on Facebook. http://www.bibletools.org/index.cfm/fuseaction/Topical.show/RTD/cgg/ID/72/Pagan-Holidays.htm

I am so stunned, that's mostly all I want to say. It just emphasizes it more that holidays are a big farce.

I am all for the simple life. Eric and I have started to strive for that in the past few yearss and we are so much happier. Learning to cook everything from scratch, sewing, crocheting, homeschooling, homebirth, nursing my children, only going out of the house when absolutely necessary (2x a week maximum). This life is definitely not for everyone, but for us, it is a wonderful life.

No comments:

Post a Comment