Thursday, December 9, 2010

Sewing adventures

As most of you know, I actually enjoy wearing skirts. So that was automatically what I learned to make first. I make the prairie type skirt, so that there are only 2 cuts to make and I can generally sew Tabitha one in about 20 minutes and me one in about 45 minutes, give or take.

Now I am venturing out a little. I am going to try my best to make peasant tops. The pattern can also be elongated to make "Little House on the Prairie" type night gowns and if you add an apron or smock, it is instantly a daytime dress also.

I received the pattern from a lady that sews modest clothing, and whom I have bought a few things over the internet from before, such as nursing dresses. I am so excited that I can make things for Tabitha and I to match. I can even make the tops long enough for maternity, WOO HOO! I am so tired of the mainstream maternity/nursing stores having abosolutely anything that I feel comfortable enough to wear.

When I was pregnant with Grady, I made myself maternity prairie skirts. I practically lived in them! So much more comfortable than the tight little skirts that Motherhood offers, that don't allow you to walk properly, let alone make you sit funny, just so you don't show everything to the world.

I am taking the pattern that I just recieved and copying it to felt, so that I will never have to worry about ripping a paper pattern or having holes all over. The pattern is sized xxs girls to 1x women. I just couldn't pass that up, since it only cost me $21.

I will post pictures and give updates once I start sewing a garment, but for now, my time will be copying onto the felt.

No comments:

Post a Comment