Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Elimination Diet Recipe - Crustless Pumkin Pie

I found an allergen free recipe on the internet and tweaked it to what I needed it to be. Everything I found had some sort of crust, which either required something I couldn't eat right now, or I had to go buy more stuff. I am done buying specialty ingredients, so I decided to take my small Pyrex storage bowls and make mini crust-less "pies" out of them, so I can have something sweet when the rest of my family is eating cookies in front of my face.

1 15oz can organic pumpkin (not the pie mix)
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp fresh grated nutmeg
2 chia eggs (1 TBSP ground chia seed, 3 TBSP of the coconut milk, soak for 15 minutes)
1 12oz can unsweetened coconut milk
1 1/2 TBSP local maple syrup

Mix together very well
Pour into bowls or large custard cups
Bake at 400 for 10 minutes
Turn oven down to 350 and bake for 40-50 more minutes covered in foil, until a knife comes out clean

No comments:

Post a Comment