Sunday, October 12, 2014

Quick update

I got a lot done this weekend, thanks to wonderful daytime weather and my awesome husband. The fruit trees are put away for the winter, as well as all the herb pots. The calendula I started last year came up and was absolutely stunning this year, so I harvested some of the seed. Amazingly, it is quite invasive and I am happy about it. I also got a few garden boxes, including the garlic bed, fitted with the landscape fabric, so I don't have a weed garden again. I figure I will plant the garlic in a few weeks, as soon as it stays consistently cold out, so I don't have them sprouting up before spring (which always seems to happen anyway...). I also found that my chives have decided to spread in my past herb boxes. I now have a huge patch as well as 2 tiny patches, which will soon be as large as the other one by next year, since I forgot to harvest the chive flowers. OOPS!

If anyone would like calendula seed from my garden for planting next spring, please contact me. I collected a little today, but if there is someone who would like some, I will go out and collect more. Otherwise, I will let it all over winter.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment